Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is being a First Responder a calling?

Go down

Is being a First Responder a calling? Empty Is being a First Responder a calling?

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm

What is your understanding of 'calling'? Does God call us individually and specifically to be First Responders? Or does God call us to 'help those who are hurting and in need', and we fulfill this by working as First Responders?

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Is being a First Responder a calling? Empty Re: Is being a First Responder a calling?

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I dont know if everyone that is a police officer, firefighter, or paramedic feels truly called to the profession. To some it is a stepping stone to a different goal, and to others it just a cool job for a while until they move on to something else.

That being said, I have been working side by side with first responders all week who were called to serve Joplin after the tornado on May 22nd. First responders came from hundreds and thousands of miles to serve our community. Everyday citizens were transformed into first responders in an instant, and dropped everything to help a neighbor in need.

I personally have never seen so many selfless acts in my entire life. It has served, for me, as a reminder of my original calling to this career, and has kindled my desire to help and serve others.

charris

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Is being a First Responder a calling? Empty Re: Is being a First Responder a calling?

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Maybe those that choose to stay in the profession are the ones that are called. If you play EMS for the lights/sirens or for the once in awhile life you actually save, you won't last long because most of the time, being a paramedic means you see a lot of crudd that normal people don't see every day....and if they did, most wouldn't be able to handle it. If God has called you to be in this profession, He gives you the strength to do it.

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down