Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Suicide among our own

Go down

Suicide among our own Empty Suicide among our own

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Has your Agency experienced one of your own completing suicide? What fallout was created from the incident? What strategies do you now have in place to ensure that it never happens again?

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Suicide among our own Empty Re: Suicide among our own

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I have a coworker who's wife has left him and taken their little girl with her. Two weeks ago, he was really struggling and was working a lot of overtime as a way to deal with it. While texting with him, he asked me if I was trained in how to talk someone down off a ledge. When I asked if he had a plan, he ignored me. The next evening, he posted on facebook a question about how much Epi 1:10,000 would it take to give a otherwise healthy person a massive MI. Several people were trying to contact this coworker on facebook, as well as his phone. No answer/reply. I called another coworker, who suggested I call the sheriff department, which I did. Meanwhile, another coworker showed up at his house and ended up taking him to the hospital, where he was at for several days.

He's doing much better. But its still a one day at a time process.

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum