Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Do you pray at work?

Go down

Do you pray at work? Empty Do you pray at work?

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Do you pray while you are on duty? What kind of things do you pray for? What have you discovered about prayer by doing this?

Last edited by pmedicchris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Do you pray at work? Empty Re: Do you pray at work?

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 pm

I pray enroute to every call - okay almost every call. A chaplain that is not bathed in prayer would be like an engine without water.

CFD831

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 pm

I often pray while on duty at work, but usually it is silently to myself. A couple of weeks ago our department was conducting a search warrant that had potential to be pretty dangerous. All of us officers were in a circle chatting back and forth, and you could sense some tension in the air. I felt called at that time to lead my fellow officers in a prayer for safety in the job we were about to perform. That doesnt sound like a huge deal, I know, but it was a huge step for me. I have never been ashamed or embarrassed of my religious beliefs, but up until that moment I had not openly shared in prayer with any of my fellow officers. It was a great moment for me for several reasons. At first I was apprehensive to ask my fellow officers to pray, and the guys werent sure if I was being serious. It has never really been common practice at our department to gather and pray before work. But I think that the guys were really glad that we had prayed, and the tension of the upcoming job seemed to lessen. It is my hope that the practice of praying before high risk operations becomes the norm, and maybe eventually we could gather in prayer every day at shift briefing.

charris

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I pray silently when I'm on the way to a call that sounds like it will be tough....a child death, abuse, etc.

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum