Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Command and Control

Go down

Command and Control Empty Command and Control

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 pm

In another forum thread I asked the question, "What does Jesus look like in uniform?" I would now like to pose the question, "What does Jesus look like with brass?" And, what cultures and norms stand in opposition to living as a disciple in the 'Command & Control' environment of emergency services?

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Command and Control Empty Re: Command and Control

Post  pmedicchris Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:14 pm

EMS needs leaders, not managers. What's the difference? Leaders say "Follow me", managers say "Do it this way". Managers can be leaders and many of them are but the trend is to keep a distance and just manage situations. A manager who either says or gives the impression that their subordinates need to do as they say looses credibility when the manager would not do the same. A leader leads. A leader demonstrates, teaches, mentors and supports their subordinates. Leaders have a personal vested interest in the people they lead. Leaders keep the vision alive in the eyes of their people and they understand that when it comes to EMS, people are what it's all about. Leaders are the individuals that people would fall on swords for, not managers. Jesus is a leader because He walks the walk and does not just talk the talk. Jesus is personally invested in His people. Jesus taught, mentored, and supported his disciples. He also expected the best from them and disciplined them when they did not live up to His expectations. They same should be true of any real leader in EMS.

matbergin

pmedicchris

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum