MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tools for discipleship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tools for discipleship

Post  pmedicchris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 pm

What resources are you using to
(1) Disciple yourself each day?
(2) Disciple those within your sphere of influence?

We know that we cannot do ministry without being connected to the Source of Power! I find it difficulty to begin each shift already energized with the Word of God. Sometimes it has to do with distractions before I leave for the shift, other times it has to do with early calls when we come in the door at the station. What do you do to prepare for each shift? How do you prepare for ministry each day as you put on the uniform?

I think for me the hardest thing is stopping during all the chaos of the shift and being with Scripture and prayer. Sometimes it begins as I check off the ambulance at the start of the shift, just sitting in the back praying for the shift before the calls start rolling in.

I currently am looking at using the Insider and workbook as a good discipling and preparation resource for the group I'm preparing to become Insiders.

Any suggestions from those out there?

sandrews7106

pmedicchris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tools for discipleship

Post  pmedicchris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 pm

I passed out several of the Answering The Call NTs available from Biblica as well as some of the Peacemakers NTs. We are also beginning to use our lunch breaks once a week for some of our Truth Project sessions. The Psalm 91 books are also a great handout. The Insider is also on our list as is the Courageous LE Edition 4-week Study.

dalehenderson

pmedicchris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top